Thursday, April 25, 2013

I started running...I failed to write...

Some of the very few who has been reading this "space" asked why I stopped writing...What's with the hiatus?

I stopped not because I ran out of words to say...not because I stopped traveling...not because I just gave up...

I was diagnosed with hepatomegaly [big word] hahahah! Nothing serious...it just means my liver is experiencing growth. What do you know! Liver grows if you care too much! LOL...Kidding aside, my liver, apparently has been pushing my right diaphragm upwards, putting strain on half of my airbag up. [more nose bleed].

To cut the long story short, I had to find ways to stay healthy...hence, I said "hello" to LIFESTYLE CHANGE! Another BIG WORD. hahaha...since I cannot afford to go to the gym regularly for all reasons, financial and time constraints, I decided to take the basic means to lose weight and increase my endurance...I started running...

http://danielblackaby.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/marathon-writing.jpg
photo credit: http://danielblackaby.files.wordpress.com/

It was June of 2012 when I started running at least 30 minutes daily. I was happy when I first found out that I lost 14 lbs in 2-3 weeks time. Six months later, I found myself signing up for my first fun run - 7-11's Run800.  I ran 5Km in 40 minutes... the rest followed...

Feb 17 -  PhilHealth Run [5km]
Mar 17 - Unilab/RunRio's Run United (leg 1) [Half Marathon - 21 KM]
Mar 24 - OFW Run [10 km]

This Sunday I will run for mother Gaea in National Geographic's Earth Day Run. This will be my second half Mary...

There goes the explanation...

Then stress came along that I have longed to travel...to get back on track...I missed the airports, buses, jeeps and even trains...

I will be back...along with my backlogs from my trips to Bacolod and Palawan...Soon...




The Backpacking Geek

No comments:

Post a Comment