Saturday, May 11, 2013

Smiles from the City full of it!

Relatively fresh from Singapore, I packed my backpack again with the basics...Lightweight clothes and not to forget Nikkie. Where to? Where else but to the City of Smiles!...

After the very quick UAT (testing) in the office, I went home and packed my bags so I can catch my flight to Bacolod...As usual, I almost missed my flight again...

Photo from: http://welcometobacolodcity.blogspot.com/


Airphil Express (now PAL Express) arrived at Bacolod-Silay International Airport.  I did not expect to find a very modern airport at this side of the country.  It's quite similar to Iloilo International which seems to take its inspiration from the very modern NAIA T3. I knew that the airport is far from the city, but I never realized it was not even in Bacolod. The airport is sitting in the nearby city of Silay which I learned to be historical at the same time.

So there I was! Welcome to Bacolod! And guess what? I got a bit lost...as always...(It's a tradition)...:)

Credit to the photographer.  Photo taken from http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7005/6814602657_69cb090aab_z.jpg
The airport van's final destination is at the transport terminal within the confines of SM City Bacolod. When I got off the van I started singing Evita..."Where do we (I) go from here..." I was starving. I have not eaten since I left Manila. I got my Sergio on my back, my tripod and Nikkie inside the mall hoping to find a place to eat...(so malling ang first activity of the day)...I realized, going around the mall with all my stuff isn't very ideal, but I've no choice...I don't even know where and how to start hunting Ong Bun Pension...(insert flashback of my epic search for Ong Bun Pension in Iloilo)...

As always, Mr. Google Maps showed me the way...It was easier than Iloilo. I found the streets of downtown Bacolod easy to navigate.


No comments:

Post a Comment