Sunday, October 28, 2012

Going Home was a toughie

Unlike all the flights I've been with, the Trip to Singapore has the most unforgettable firsts...

SG was my first overseas trip.
Staying in The Inn-Crowd Hostel was my first non-private accommodation.
The trip to SG graced my new passport with the first ever immigration stamp.
I missed my flight.

I missed my flight was the highlight of the entire trip. It gave me a lot of learning where the lessons were tough and there were no short cuts.

The Go Lite ticket only allowed 7kgs of hand-carry baggage.  My backpack weighed ~11++kg...Just because I couldn't afford paying a whole lot more than an arm for the excess baggage, I went to the rest room to figure my game plan...

The Weight Obstacle--I changed my shirt.  Instead of wearing the adidas microfiber shirt, I wore a 100% cotton shirt and put on my jacket even if the temp's at 30 degrees.

I took out iPpie and the camera for me to hand carry including the tripod. I went back to the weighing scale and it tipped at 5.++ kg. That was fantastic! I told myself. hehehe. I breezed through the check in...and there I was at the waiting lounge...



And because there was a whole lot of things that just happened, I felt robbed for some reason.  The stressed me decided to eat and be merry!

Chicken and soya
With a lot of food stalls in the holding area, I ordered pork lechon kawali with soy glaze! The presentation was less appealing but the taste was good! Then  came the boarding call...

Tiger, Kelan ka mase-sale?
It was sunny, it was late in the afternoon and I was stressed and sleepy. The aircraft started to taxi and there goes Singapore!

ang takip-silim sa himpapawid
I bade goodbye to the Lion City with high hopes of coming back.  I vowed to have more preparation and fund! and to NEVER MISS THE FLIGHT!...

I arrived in Manila early evening at around 7 or 8 PM.

My passport got it's 4th stamp!


 It was raining and I was tired...I slept on the cold marble floor of NAIA Terminal 3 because I don't want to spend the night in the middle of traffic due to flooded streets. It will just make me miss Singapore more! I waited for the rain to stop until early morning! It didn't stop.  It just went on and on! I came home very wet...

My soaking wet Sergio



The Backpacking Geek

No comments:

Post a Comment